Please be advised that according to The OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200, Samtec Products are, by definition, an article. Samtec products are not hazardous or toxic under conditions of normal use.
As defined under OSHA HCS 29 CFR 1910.1200, "article" means:
- A manufactured item which is formed to specific shape or design during manufacture.
- A manufactured item which has end-use functions dependent in whole or in part upon its shape or design during end-use functions.
- A manufactured item which does not release, or otherwise result in exposure to a hazardous chemical under normal use.
Samtec products do not involve any exposure to hazardous materials under normal use and based on the HCS definitions of 29 CFR 1910.1200, no MSDS is required.
Part specific material declarations of Samtec products are available on request (a valid Samtec part number is required to obtain a Material Declaration). For more information on MSDS Reports, contact our General Technical Support Group.
Recommended Storage Conditions – Non-dry Pack Samtec Products
Tin plated components maximum storage at CSR (Controlled Storage Room) conditions is 12 months. Gold plated components maximum storage at CSR is 18 months. Samtec recommends that components stored at CSR beyond the times listed should be tested for solderability per IPC/EIA/JEDEC J-STD-002B Category 1 prior to introduction to production processing.
CSR conditions defined as 20C+/-5C @ maximum 50% relative humidity.
It should be noted that the above information applies to the vast majority of Samtec products which are:
- Electrically passive components.
- Non-moisture sensitive devices.
- Dry-pack packaging not required.
Handling of Samtec Products
Wear protective gloves when handling Samtec products to prevent contamination.